Global Innovation Fund
Type of project: social innovations that aim to improve the lives and opportunities of millions of people. There are three stages applicants can apply for:
- Pilot: Your innovation is still in an early phase. You are testing core assumptions around operational, social and financial viability.
- Test and Transition: Your innovation has completed initial testing and is now transitioning to larger scale. You have some information on your operational, social and financial viability. You want to solidify this before you scale.
- Scale: Your innovation has solid operational, social and financial viability. You have strong evidence that my innovation improves the lives of those living on less than $5 PPP per day. Now you want to replicate your innovation in new countries and context, reaching millions of people.
Location: developing countries.
Eligibility: for-profit firms, non-profit organisations, researchers, and government agencies may apply. Less than 10% of applicants are invited to submit full proposals.
- Pilot projects: The maximum per project is $230,000 USD.
- Test and Transition: The maximum per project is $2.3 million, although the average investment size is smaller
- Scale: The maximum per project is $15 million, although the average investment size is much smaller